Introducing The AppConfig Community
A community focused on providing tools and best practices around native capabilities in mobile operating systems to enable a more consistent, open and simple way to configure and secure mobile apps in order to increase mobile adoption in business. Users benefit with instant mobile productivity and a seamless out-of-the box experience, and businesses benefit with secure work-ready apps with minimal setup required while leveraging existing investments in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), VPN, and identity solutions. Ultimately, your apps are simpler to configure, secure and deploy.
Benefits of AppConfig
ISVs & Developers
- – Build enterprise-ready apps faster
- – EMM vendor neutral solution
- – Reduce need for proprietary SDK
- – Reduce need for App Wrapping
- – Leverage existing EMM, VPN, and IAM investments
- – Better native onboarding user experience
- – Greater selection of business apps
- – Leverage OS best practices
- – Larger ecosystem of business apps
- – Simplify app configuration
- – Ease management workflows
- – Build proprietary device configurations
- – Support new features same-day
- – Equal feature set across EMMs
- – Increased value-add of devices
How AppConfig works in the Enterprise
Auto-configure URL/port settings, group codes, email addresses and license keys to eliminate the need to educate end users about first time setup.
Security Policies & Access Control
Restrict apps to run only on approved devices and enforce security policies such as required encryption and data loss prevention at the app level.
Selectively enable approved apps to use an app tunnel to connect to backend and corporate networks.
Enable single sign-on across enterprise apps, leveraging existing identity management solutions.